If you wake up every day feeling tired and unrefreshed, you might want to check out your mattress. While it’s a convenient scapegoat, your mattress isn’t the only factor involved in how well you sleep at night, but it might be the most important. This isn’t just a matter of comfort; after all, you spend a third of your life in bed. Research shows that a bad mattress can cause aches and pains, disturbed sleep, and poor health overall.
A good night’s sleep is critical for your well-being, but if you’re waking up feeling tired and unrested, chances are you’re sleeping on the wrong mattress. And while there are several signs that can tell you if it’s time for a new mattress, like your current mattress is in bad condition or a bed bug infestation, there are a few telltale signs that can point to you not being able to get a good night’s sleep on your current mattress.
Here are the following telltale signs to blame it a bad mattress:
- Is your mattress sagging, lumpy or uneven? Well, a worn-out mattress can make snoozing even more of a challenge, with lumps, sags, and uneven surface areas preventing you from getting a good night’s sleep. Mattresses can wear down over time, or they could have been damaged during a move. The quality of your sleep is also directly affected by the mattress you sleep on. When you choose a mattress, be sure it is supportive and properly aligned.
- Do you wake up with lower back pain and stiffness? Do you feel out of shape and sluggish? It may be your mattress. Your mattress is the ultimate comfort accessory. The quality of your sleep can be directly attributed to the mattress you sleep on.
- It is because of your mattress’ innerspring. Innerspring mattresses have steel, coiled springs, or fabric wrapped around the springs, which provide support for your body. These mattresses are usually the least expensive option, and they are suitable for most people. If your mattress is innerspring, you should know that it is likely to be the root cause of your back pain, and it is highly likely that you will need to shop for a new mattress.
- Ever notice that your skin sometimes looks worse than usual? Spots appearing that you didn’t know you had, or a sudden outbreak of redness that you just can’t seem to get rid of? What’s going on? Look no further than your mattress. Your mattress is the only thing you spend more time on than your skin, so it makes sense that your mattress could be affecting your skin. The main culprit behind your skin woes might be your lack of sleep caused by your uncomfortable mattress.
- Do you find that you toss and turn in bed for an hour or more before you fall asleep? Well, you’re not alone. Many people have difficulty falling asleep quickly and wake up in the middle of the night feeling unrested. While the reasons for this are many, one of the first things you should consider is your bed. If your mattress or pillows are old and worn out, then they may not be giving you proper support, and you may not be getting the rest you need.
- Your bed may be too small for you. Larger beds are often better because there is less pressure on your body from the bed, and this means that you are relaxed and comfortable while sleeping. They are also better at supporting your body and helping you maintain a good posture. This is important because if you are not comfortable or do not sleep well, you will not be able to function as well during the day.
If you are like millions of people, you probably don’t think about your mattress much. If you’re lucky, you have a mattress that will last for a while, and you don’t even have to think about it. So, if your mattress is making it hard for you to sleep, you may need to buy a new mattress.
Obviously, there are some comfortable mattresses out there in the market like Vispring, Hypnos, and more. However, should you always opt for the most expensive option when there are alternatives that last longer, cost less, and most importantly, provide more healthcare benefits? If so, then you may want to check out Vispring Alternatives here and decide whether the mattress suits your needs.
Buying a new mattress is an investment. Your mattress is the foundation of your home and one of the largest purchases you’ll make. When you decide it’s time to buy a new mattress, the first step is to assess the condition of your current mattress. If your mattress is old or sagging, then it may be time to buy a new mattress. However, if it’s something else that’s keeping you up at night, like noise or light, then you’ll want to look at your mattress last.